miércoles, 1 de marzo de 2023

V.A. Joe Meek, And His Magic Wand, Part. 11, Vols. 59-64 More! (End Of The Collection)

 


Pues después de un año acabamos esta serie dedicada a los trabajos de "Joe Meek", no es que sea el mas rápido de la red, pero pensé que mas dosificado podía ser mas asimilable para todos.
Esta última entrega consta de cosas que no he logrado datar exactamente, así como bastantes demos no aparecidas en su día. También aviso que hay algunos temas con baja calidad de sonido, aunque con bastante interés y finalmente, que he tenido que descartar bastantes cosas por un sonido muy, muy malo.
Espero que los trabajos realizados por Cherry Reed con las cintas de Meek, nos permitan disfrutar de muchas de sus canciones con una muy buena calidad de sonido.

Aquí encontraremos en estos seis volúmenes música de todas su épocas, y además todo con temas poco conocidos, aunque sí con artistas que ya lanzaron sus discos y estas canciones se quedaron olvidadas en esas viejas cintas
Quiero para acabar la serie agradecer la ayuda de bastantes personas, tanto por sus aportaciones informativas, correcciones y enviarme canciones que no tenía. No pongo los nombres de todos, pues como esta serie empezó hace tres años, no recordaría todos y quedaría feo olvidarme de alguien.


En fin, un exaustívo repaso a los trabajos de Meek, hecha de una forma amateur, y me supongo que con fallos que sabréis perdonar, pero realizada con ilusión.
Aquí os dejo la lista de canciones:

Vol. 59 More! (I)

1  SCREAMING LORD SUTCH  Bye Bye Johnny  
2  KIM ROBERTS  Everytime  
3  GEOFF GODDARD  You Were There  
4  THE BIRDS OF PREY  Love Gone Again  
5  LENNIE & LES  Snow White Eastern Maid  
6  DAVE ADAMS & THE TORNADOS  I Lost My Heart At The Fairground  
7  THE TORNADOS  Shakedown (Mislabeled As Cyclone)  
8  FREDDIE STARR  I'm Not A Juvenile Delinquent  
9  GLENDA COLLINS  This Little Girl's Gone Rockin'  
10  PAUL KANE  My Fair Baby 's Coming For Me  
11  RAY DEXTER  Just Like You  
12  CLIFF BENNETT  Take Pity On Me  
13  MARK DOUGLAS  My Love Was Meant For You  
14  JOE MEEK  Paper Boat  
15  REG AUSTIN  Every Second Of The Day  
16  BILLY DEAN  Dreams Do Come True  
17  HOUSTON WELLS  No One Will Ever Know  
18  CAROL JONES  Adonis  
19  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Taboo  
20  THE DROVERS  Behind Teardrops  
21  THE MOONTREKKERS  Dance Legless Russian  


Dave Adams & The Tornados - I Lost My Heart At The Fairground

Vol. 60 More! (II)

1  THE SAXONS  Song Of The Sun God  
2  RICK WAYNE  Muscles  
3  THE SABRES  Don't Go Away  
4  ANDY CAVELL  Nobody But You  
5  KIM ROBERTS  Mr Right  
6  THE SWINGING BLUE JEANS  Bonapartes Retreat  
7  JOHN LEYTON  Looking For Someone (Who Wants Johnny)  
8  HOUSTON WELLS  Let Me Come Back Home To You  
9  SCREAMING LORD SUTCH & THE SAVAGES  Roberta  
10  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Buckeye  
11  TONY VICTOR  I'd Never Find Another You  
12  THE HONEYCOMBS  Silent Night, Holy Night  
13  GEOFF GODDARD  To Be A Farmer's Boy  
14  JOE MEEK  For Loving Me This Way  
15  THE MOONTREKKERS  Sunday Sunset  
16  BILLY DEAN  Mark My Words  
17  RAY DEXTER  Can't Make Up My Mind  
18  THE RAMBLERS  Just For Chicks  
19  DAVE ADAMS  Don't Keep Picking On Me  
20  THE SAINTS  Happy Talk  
21  THE TORNADOS  Mermaid  
22  THE OUTLAWS  Movin' 'n' Groovin'  


Rick Wayne - Muscles

Vol. 61 More! (III)

1  THE TORNADOS '64  Cyclone  
2  THE OUTLAWS  Blue Tango  
3  RAY DEXTER  Dream Lover  
4  THE STRANGERS  Shirley  
5  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  El Rancho Rock  
6  JOE MEEK  He's All Mine (Stay Away From My Baby's Door)  
7  HOUSTON WELLS AND THE MARKSMEN  When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold  
8  NEIL CHRISTIAN & THE CRUSADERS  That's The Way To Love  
9  THE HONEYCOMBS  Somewhere Along The Way  
10  LEA & CHESS  Little Star (Shine On Us Tonight)  
11  THE FLEE-REKKERS  Cerveza  
12  JENNY MOSS  My Boy Comes Marching Hom3  
13  THE SAXONS  How Will I Know  
14  THE CRYIN' SHAMES  Let Me In  
15  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Summertime  
16  THE PUPPETS  Three Boys Lookin' For Love  
17  GEOFF GODDARD  Do You Believe  
18  THE BUZZ  I Saw Pity In The Face Of A Friend  
19  THE RIOT SQUAD  How Is It Done  
20  RICK WAYNE  Rescue Me  
21  THE RAMBLERS  Take It Away  
22  THE MOONTREKKERS  Grandfather Clock  

The Strangers - Shirley

Vol. 62 More! (IV)

1  GEOFF GODDARD  T'ill The Day I Die  
2  BILLIE DAVIS  Don't You Knock At My Door  
3  RAY DEXTER  I Got  
4  THE HONEYCOMBS  Tell Me Baby  
5  THE ATHENIANS  Bouzoukis  
6  JOE MEEK  I´m Not Sleeping Too Well Lately  
7  ROBBIE GALE & THE WHIRLWINDS  Baby Baby I Got Eyes For You  
8  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Shiftless Sam  
9  LEE SUTTON  Keep Your Sunny Side Up  
10  THE SYNDICATS  Don't Know What To Do  
11  THE TORNADOS  No More You And Me  
12  BILLY DEAN  Ridin' The Rails  
13  RICKY WAYNE  Why Pretend  
14  CHICK LEWIS  Trying To Get To You  
15  THE CHECKMATES  Trott 'n' Gallop  
16  PETER LONDON  I'm Your Loving Man  
17  THE RAMBLERS  Dodge City  
18  THE MOONTREKKERS  The Bogey Man  
19  THE SPOOKS  The Spook Walks  
20  THE STRANGERS  My Suzanne  
21  THE OUTLAWS  Detour 
 

Billie Davis - Don't You Knock At My Door

Vol. 63  More! (V)

1  THE MOONTREKKERS  Return Of The Vampire  
2  GERRY MARSDEN  Strollin'  
3  THE HONEYCOMBS  That Other Girl  
4  DIANA DEE  Cry My Heart  
5  GEOFF GODDARD  Tea Leaf In A Tea Cup  
6  JOHN DRYSDALE & THE RIOT SQUAD  I Beg To Heaven  
7  MALCOLM & THE COUNTDOWNS  You Stole My Heart Away  
8  BENNY PARKER & THE DYNAMICS  I Taught Her How  
9  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Some Kinda Earthquake  
10  LEE STARR & THE ASTRALS  Walkin' With My Angel  
11  THE DAUPHINE STREET SIX  On A Hillside  
12  CHRIS WILLIAMS AND HIS MONSTERS  Hushabye  
13  BOBBY ROSS  Lips Are Redder On You  
14  RAY DEXTER  You Took My Love For Granted  
15  ROGER LAVERN & THE MICRONS  Red Rocket  
16  JERRY WILLIAMS  The Wonder Of Your Love  
17  JOE MEEK ORCHESTRA  Cry My Heart  
18  DAVE ADAMS  I'm Just Waiting Around  
19  PEPPI  That Twisting Time  
20  MICHAEL COX  Funny Man  
21  THE AVENGERS  Marianne  


The Moontrekkers - Return Of The Vampire

Vol. 64 More! (VI)

1  THE TORNADOS  Lawrence Of Arabia  
2  JOE MEEK  Globetrotter  
3  BILLY DEAN  Live It Up  
4  HOUSTON WELLS  Go To Sleep Little One  
5  ANDY CAVELL  Mary's Little Lamb  
6  THE FABULOUS FLEE-RAKKERS  Brer Robert  
7  CLIFF BENNETT & THE REBEL ROUSERS  Try Once More  
8  SCREAMING LORD SUTCH  Johnny B Goode  
9  GEOFF GODDARD  My Head Goes Around  
10  BENNY PARKER & THE DYNAMICs  I'll Tell Her How  
11  ROGER LAVERN & THE MICRONS  Jackson's Jump  
12  LEE SUTTON  We Ain't Giving Nothing Away  
13  LEE STARR & THE ASTRALs  Come Back To Me  
14  KIM ROBERTS  Love Can't Wait  
15  MARK DOUGLAS  Raining In My Heart  
16  THE SAINTS  Parade Of Tin Soldiers  
17  THE MOONTREKKERS  John Brown's Body  
18  RAY DEXTER  Atlantic Twist  
19  THE OUTLAWS  Creepin' Through The Alley  
20  THE HONEYCOMBS  I Can Tell  
21  DAVE ADAMS  It's Just A Matter Of Time
22  DAVE ROWLAND  Besame Mucho


Roger Lavern & The Microns - Jackson's Jump

Bueno, esto se ha acabado, ha sido una aventura muy apasionante para mi, que aunque conocía mucha de su obra otra parte la he conocido gracias a esta colección.
Un personaje imprescindible para entender la música del siglo pasado.
Y de nuevo, reitero mi agradecimiento a las personas que me han ayudado a que este proyecto tirara para adeante.


Se agradecen los comentarios

24 comentarios:

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Joe Meek More!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNWzZPH3i5CwK3NQq2m5TFIn4ua_aCee/view?usp=share_link

o

https://www.mediafire.com/file/piciy4830l10tag/JoeMeeMor.rar/file

LOOK AT THE MAIN PAGE, IMAGE ON THE RIGHT COLUMN, ABOVE.
MIRA EN LA PÁGINA PRINCIPAL, IMAGEN DE LA COLUMNA DERECHA, ARRIBA.


+++++++++++++++++++

George Leroy Tirebiter dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
BigGray dijo...

Thank you very much for this whole series. A wonderful achievement, gratefully received. With most anthologies featuring the "usual suspects", I had no idea of the size of his recorded legacy.

G.

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi Big Gray:
There are many Joe Meek anthologies, some very interesting, but very repetitive. There are also very little known periods, especially in the 50s.
I have tried to make a collection as complete as possible.
Thank you for your visit.
Jose

Rob Kopp dijo...

Thanks José. All we can hope is that Cherry Red, who recently bought a lot of Joe Meek tapes, will extend their series "Joe Meeks Tea Chest Tapes" with other releases. So far they released two 10-inches; see discogs.com/label/2932139-Joe-Meeks-Tea-Chest-Tapes-10-EP-Series. I'm still hoping for the material Joe Meek recorded with Ray Davies.

Tom dijo...

Hello Jose , many thanks for this last volume of your great Joe Meek Serie.I enjoy every Volume and learn a lot about the music of Joe Meek.I hope also that Cherry Red or another company will make good and rae sampler with Meek music in the future.I know the track before from YouTube and hear the track here again on Vol 62:GREAT Geoff Goddard with "Till the day I die".I think this track is not completely and ended after nearly 2 minutes, but the end is so interrupted that I think this song is not complete.Otherwise it is a demo so it could be incompletely, but as an complete track it would be GREAT I think.Also a good CD with all music from Geoff Goddard would be a job for Cherry Red in the future.So a big THANK YOU for all the good Meek songs you present on your great side.Many greetings Thomas

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi Rob
I know Cherry Reed's 10" series, although I've only heard the first "telstar". I guess it's the last chance to complete the "Meek Universe".
We will have to be attentive.
Cheers
José

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi Thomas.
I have already commented that there are several songs with errors, but I have put them because they are good.
Geoff Goddard is one of my favorite composers, he is a genius and I plan to compile his compositions in the future, although it is a complicated job.
In my other blog I published a demo from the 90's, with two incredible songs, the kind that make you listen again and again, and a very short story.
https://spanishblogsdreamteam.blogspot.com/search/label/Geoff%20Goddard
Cheers
José

Anónimo dijo...

!Hola jose!

Me gusta mucho tu blog y la musica que puedemos oir.Gracias por eso.Puedes por favor decir me los años de salida de las ultimas canciones que has puesto.gracias de nuevo Jose...

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hola.
Pues ya he dicho en la presentación que no se exactamente el año de estas canciones, envié la lista a varios amigos y nadie me supo confirmar ninguna.
Espero lo disfrutes.
Jose

lemonflag dijo...

Thanks Jose. A masterpiece!

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi Lemonflag.
A joy for me your new presence.
It is a vision of the works of Meek, an important character in the history of music.
Enjoy!

Tornado304 dijo...

Thank you for a great series, as you know I had problems downloading, but all seems to be well now. A wonderful achievement and good luck with your future uploads

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi, friend.
Well, it seems that the problems have been solved momentarily, with the PW the Mediafire thing has been solved and also reviewing the "spam" of the comments, where many things ended and I was able to restore it.
Thank you for your visit
Jose

Manny Kent dijo...

An amazing collection Jose. Thank you so much for your efforts and for sharing them.....

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Hi Manny kent
It is always a pleasure to share music with friends.
It has been a very interesting series and I have been able to discover many things that I did not know.
Cheers
Jose

ceniceros dijo...

De todo como en botica. Me he entretenido en leer en wikipedia la historia completa del protagonista de la serie, y no tiene desperdicio.

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Amigo ceniceros.
Pues si, todo un personaje, rozando a perlilla. En el Sampler de presentación de esta seríe, hace un año, Rick ya hizo una buen presentación.
Bueno, por lo menos nos dejo la música. Saludotes
Jose

juan manuel muñoz dijo...

Saludos amigos. Dejo el link de Pasajes Oníricos.

https://mega.nz/file/3sRQSbKK#_DcxkF0Jz8iu9RZBmi1dzXRvOGjUQ_WloYY4esu9SxA

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Gracias Juan
Con gusto lo escucho.
Saludotes
Jose

Orlando dijo...

En general ,
un muy buena
entrada ,
destacar a
Rick Wayne,
y me gusto
mucho la
voz de
Billie
Davis .

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Amigo Orlando.
El Muscles es ue tiene un encanto especial, y que decir de la voz de Billie Davis,
Creo que las tres que he puesto están francamente bien.
Saludotes
Jose

MAMONT. dijo...

Hey Jose muito Obrigado pela serie.
Gostaria que me indicasses a password.
muito obrigado.

jose kortozirkuito dijo...

Olá amigo.
Está na imagem na coluna da direita, bem no topo.
Saudações
Jose